Use these fitness training tips to help motivate you, adjust your workouts and learn new ways to keep improving your performance!
Here is a list of some to get started with:
1. Find a workout buddy. Having someone who has goals like you, such as losing weight, lowering their bodyfat, preparing for a fitness competition or out of love for a good run makes it easier to get together to help each other reach them.
2. Relieve aching muscles. Use a cold, instead of hot, bath after a workout to relieve the ache. The cold I am talking about here is 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit - you might have to throw in a few ice cubes!
3. Buy comfortable workout shoes. The last thing you need to worry about whether you are running or weightlifting is the pain or nuisance a bad fitting pair of shoes gives. Spend the extra time getting fitted and the extra dollars for good quality.
4. Get your jams going. Having a good stream of workout music is the BEST workout tool in my book! I can stay motivated, whether it is my running music, slow stretching tunes or a variety of hard rock and heavy metal for my bodybuilding workouts.
5. Do your measurements consistently. Whether you are measuring your progress in pounds lost, percentage of body fat lost or muscle gained, do these measurements at the same time and in the same intervals of time. If it's weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, do it consistently so you can reduce the variables.
6. Have a cheat day. This is a MUST! Whether you are training for a figure competition or trying to lose 20 pounds, you have to give yourself room to 'mess up' that is let your body and psyche have a break from the rigidity of dieting and working out.
7. Be safe and aware! If you workout outdoors AND have headphones in and the workout music blaring, you need to be doubly aware of your surroundings. Women especially are preyed upon when you follow the same path consistently and at the same times. Carry a cell phone and a small can of mace or pepper spray in case of attack.
8. Stay hydrated. Water is good for an hour or less workouts. After this point, you can use Gatorade or electrolyte type drinks. Drinking them for shorter workouts are unnecessary as they just add extra calories.
Have a favorite fitness training tip to share? Fill out the form below and I will post it here...feel free to post on our Facebook page as well...love to hear from ya!
We would love to hear what has worked for you or helped you in reaching your fitness goals...